cant id antique gold watch help

MARK IMAGE REQUIRED
nigel

cant id antique gold watch help

Post by nigel »

this watch has an imported gold halmark 9 in a diamond turned 90 degrees to the left with .375 after it. it has a makers mark of FD which i need help to identify and it has a date letter of b in a box with croped corners in a box . if it were british hallmark that would mean a date of 1904 the last symbol wich is in a box imagine a capital F and the turn another F upside down and turn it so the ends are facing the 1st f. thats what i have . the mechanism has a SFRA marking what i dont no, signed may 10 , and also has two dots depicting eyes and a large tick indicating a smile to the eyes . the watch face opens on a hinge and the back opens on a hinge it has a small access button is analogue and every piece has a hallmark on it. the face has all black numbers in times new roman and the hands are a deep shiny blue. the number 12 is in red. can anyone help identify this amazing watch. please please.
2209patrick
co-admin

Post by 2209patrick »

Checked my book on British watch case makers.
The only FD mark I could find in that time frame was Fulda & David of London.
Interesting thing though, their mark is listed as entered in Chester.

Don't know anything more about them. Not sure they made your case, just offering a possibility.

Pat.
Last edited by 2209patrick on Mon May 19, 2008 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nigel

Post by nigel »

thanks thats been a great help and allowed me to access futher information
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Hi Nigel,

It appears to be Glasgow 1924. The double F is the mark for items imported through the Glasgow Assay Office 1906-1964, if the date letter is a lower case "b" then the only date possible would be 1924.

Trev.
nigel

Post by nigel »

many thanks for that that helps lots too .

Return to “Gold - Single Image”