NEED HELP

MARK IMAGE REQUIRED
debbiegal

NEED HELP

Post by debbiegal »

I have a ring fron C&C .Can't make out stone clear color with brown inside sterling silver10k, has two gold flowers at the top THIS RING IS VERY ODD, I KNOW THAT Clark AND Coombs made the ring but, i don't know anything else,it also has gr initials inside thr ring.CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT , AND TELL ME SOME HISTORY ABOUT CLARK &COOMBS.
charlie25

Have some info for you

Post by charlie25 »

Hi,
I have a ring marked C & C also and came across your post while doing research for mine. Here is what I have found. Hopw it is some help!
Charlie

Sketch of the mark (in the first row on the left...scroll down)
http://www.chicagosilver.com/jmarks4.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-/7225/InventoryPage/1913084/1
Interior markings identify the material as 10k gold-filled and the maker as Clark & Coombs. The firm began business in 1872 and used this mark (two Cs in triangles around the ampersand) until 1915. The gold-fill process, as you probably know, is far superior to plating and results in a much more durable finish.

http://www.jewelrydistrict.org/district/clifford.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
.....Among the first tenants was the Clark & Coombs Manufacturing Company. This company, which was established in 1862. had built a national reputation for manufacturing gold rings by the early twentieth century; by mid-century, however, production had dropped sharply due to antiquated machinery and inefficient management practices. In 1946 the business reorganized, and under the management of a new president and veteran jewelry manufacturer, Vita Cameglia, Clark &. Coombs increased production by 100 percent within a seven-year period. The company further expanded with the purchase of jewelry tools and dies from the Ostby &. Barton Company, which, upon leaving its Richmond Street factory for a new Warwick factory, continued only its precision-tool production. The Clark &. Coombs Company still occupies this structure as does the Clark &. Coombs Realty Company, the current owners of this structure.

Return to “Gold - Single Image”