Please help to identify the hallmark

MARK IMAGE REQUIRED
Mikky75

Please help to identify the hallmark

Post by Mikky75 »

Hello. Please help to identify the master. Is the mark on the old ring. The exact age and origin of the rings is unknown. I tried to look in the catalogs, but unfortunately did not find anything similar. Thanks in advance.Image
dognose
Site Admin

Re: Please help to identify the hallmark

Post by dognose »

Hi Mikky,

Welcome to the Forum.

It's a little difficult to tell if your mark is just worn, or did you take the photo with a flash? Is so, try taking the image in daylight, and ensure you are using the macro feature on your camera.

Trev.
Mikky75

Post by Mikky75 »

Hello Dognose. Thanks for the advice, of course, here's a better picture.Image
oel
co-admin

Post by oel »

Hi Mikky,

Although the mark looks damaged or double struck but if it reads MO it could be Swedish and identifies the origin of a Swedish domestic manufacturer or importer mark, in this case for the city of Mo, valid as from 1860. The use of the town mark is not compulsory, but is used by many manufacturers as a matter of local pride.
Are there no other marks to indicate gold, like 23 K or 20 K or 18K?

Oel
Mikky75

Post by Mikky75 »

Hello Oel. Thank you very much for the idea, maybe it is. Unfortunately no signs on the ring is gone. Absolutely no hallmarks anymore.
Mikky75

Post by Mikky75 »

I thought maybe this is the second letter Ф Russian or Greek φ ?
oel
co-admin

Post by oel »

Yes, I have been thinking about the possibility perhaps a Cyrillic maker’s mark but how do you know your ring is made out of gold, if all assay marks or carat indications are missing?

Oel
Mikky75

Post by Mikky75 »

I agree it's strange. But this ring was inherited and the rim is really diamond. I'm pretty sure it's gold. But even though the absence of the gold grade is unclear. I'm not sure but what do I know about this ring is that he is at least 100 years.
Mikky75

Post by Mikky75 »

Maybe the ring was made ​​to order in this case, such a sample can not be?
oel
co-admin

Post by oel »

Yes, perhaps made on special order, never assayed and maker’s mark only, it is possible but without more information impossible to determine country/city of origin and gold fineness.

Best,

Oel.
Mikky75

Post by Mikky75 »

Thank you for helping Oel. But as I said unfortunately no information no longer exists. The only thing I was told (today), that this ring is more than 200 years. In any case, thank you, maybe someone recognizes this hallmark.
Regards, Michael.
oel
co-admin

Post by oel »

Hi Michael,

You are welcome, just curious, if you write; over two hundred years old, based upon what kind of information?

Best,

Oel.
Mikky75

Post by Mikky75 »

Hello Oel. It's easy. This ring was bought in an antique shop around 1940-45, and even then the seller said that the ring more than 100 years. Of course this is just hearsay. But perhaps the way it is. It is passed from generation to generation. I do not know how to determine the age, everything could be solved only by the identification of hallmark.
Regards, Michael.

Return to “Gold - Single Image”