Beautifully made eternity ring - looking for some answers!

MARK IMAGE REQUIRED
spaccaboy

Beautifully made eternity ring - looking for some answers!

Post by spaccaboy »

Hi guys,

this is the first time I've posted so treat me nice! Ok, so a little back story. I was walking through the old part of Brussels (Sablon) and I found a ring on the floor some time ago, I didn't have time to hand it in so it came home with me. I know very little about jewellery but I do know that this ring is made by someone who knows what they are doing. It's a crossover type ring with 4 split bands. 3 have settings running the whole length of the out facing band and theses settings even go under the crossovers even though the gems cannot be seen.

http://studiorokit.com/proofing/mystery ... G_6757.JPG

I kind of equate this to how great cabinet makes used to finish the back of their cabinets off as well as the fronts even though they would spend their lives hidden from view against a wall. This is what makes me wonder who made it. It's obviously made with very little price driven compromise. Especially when the crossovers cover 2 fully set bands in total.

The diamond top band is a white metal, not sure as to what it is. Any ideas?

As for the markings this is where I'm stumped. I've had a look about but I can't find any ref to what I think is the mark. There are NO hallmarks on the ring anywhere but there is a very very small maker stomp on the outside bottom of the ring. On close inspection with a powerful loupe it looks like C B D with some sort of crest or castle above the B. I'd really like to know more about the maker.

http://studiorokit.com/proofing/mystery ... G_6758.JPG

Looking forward to some thoughts or answers from the geniuses on this forum.

All the best.
dognose
Site Admin

Re: Beautifully made eternity ring - looking for some answer

Post by dognose »

Hi Spaccaboy,

Welcome to the Forum.

If you could try to capture a sharper close-up of the mark, it may well help someone give a positive ID.

Trev.

Return to “Gold - Single Image”