Need help identifying hallmarks please.

MARK IMAGE REQUIRED
gozitan87

Need help identifying hallmarks please.

Post by gozitan87 »

Hey everyone,

New to the forum, and in need of some help. I received a gold ring as a gift and i've been trying to decipher the stamps since day 1. While i've been enjoying searching, i've found nothing useful so i thought i'd ask the ones with more experience. I would appreciate any insight you provide.

This is the best pic i could get.

Thanks in advance.
Aguest
contributor

Re: Need help identifying hallmarks please.

Post by Aguest »

The only marks that come close are from Finland, but really they have a crown and you appear to have a half-sun with rays symbol.
It's a difficult one, but if you look up "Finland Gold Hallmarks" you will see a few similar ring marks, but really I am not sure they match.
gozitan87

Post by gozitan87 »

Thanks for the input. I had already checked the hallmarks from Finland, and although close i feel like it's not a perfect match to any of them. I found a Maltese Hallmark that looks somewhat similar but it's hard to compare it since i haven't been able to find a picture of a piece of jewelry with an actual stamp.

What does the C.18 stand for? I've tried to find some information about that but it also led me no where.

Thanks in advance for any more help.

Rob
Aguest
contributor

Post by Aguest »

I thought C. 18 means "Carat 18" which is an interesting way to indicate 18K Gold. Not sure I have ever seen this way to indicate fineness before.
The "CG" is probably the initials of the maker. C. 18 is probably "18 Carat Gold". What does the "F" mean and what does the "Half-Sun With Rays" or "Crown Symbol" refer to? It looks like a cross between a crown and a half-sun with rays.
amena
contributor

Post by amena »

This topic makes me lean towards Malta
http://www.925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic ... SE#p103681
Reagrds
Amena
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

"Carat 18" which is an interesting way to indicate 18K Gold
Karat (fineness of gold) is essentially the same word as Carat (the weight of gems).It is spelled carat in many countries outside the United States. There should be no confusion; it`s very unlikely to have a 18 Carat diamond, unlike 18 Carat gold.
chrismittty

Post by chrismittty »

amena wrote:This topic makes me lean towards Malta
http://www.925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic ... SE#p103681
Reagrds
Amena
Yeah looks to me that crown marking for (750) 18k is pretty much the same. Good call.

Return to “Gold - Single Image”