Anyone have any info on Vasco out of Peru

Jewelry, Flatware & Holloware
PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
brywil1970

Anyone have any info on Vasco out of Peru

Post by brywil1970 »

Does anyone have any info about Vasco. I have a hammered sterling bowl with a gold Sapin character attached marked Peru 925 Vasco it has another word but the only letter I can read is K.
dognose
Site Admin

Re: Anyone have any info on Vasco out of Peru

Post by dognose »

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.

Your question cannot be answered without the required images. The below should help you:

How to Add Images

Posting Requirements

http://www.postimg.com is recommended. Embedded images get a far greater response than just posting links.

Remember to use the 'Preview' button before submitting your post.

Give some time to creating your posts and photos, we'll give some time to researching and answering them.

Trev.
brywil1970

Post by brywil1970 »

I was hoping you stopped by Dognose I read your notes on Central American and South American 20th Century trade. I will upload pictures of the bowl and the Sapin figure, but I have as of yet been able to capture a better picture of the whole mark. The letters are literally 1/16" tall. The mark is in two pictures and I think you will be able to understand.
TIA, Bryan

(admin photo edit - images too large - link only - see Posting Requirements )
brywil1970

Post by brywil1970 »

Ok I had the little guy tested and he is solid 18k gold. I can find a lot of examples of Vasco sterling and 18k jewelry, but no history of the company. Does anyone have any history on them?

TIA, Bryan
dragonflywink
co-admin

Post by dragonflywink »

'Joyeria Vasco', Larcomar, Peru - founded in 1953 by Italian immigrants Luis Varese and Gugliermo Scotto, apparently still in business:

http://www.estilototal.com/joyas/la-joy ... plata.html

~Cheryl
brywil1970

Post by brywil1970 »

Thank you DragonflyWink I was wondering if they were the same, but since I could not speak or read the language I was unsure. I saw other references of their jewelry being sold at neimann marcus in the 70's

Return to “Central & South America”