Need help identifying a Duhme & Co pattern

If you know the maker, but not the pattern. - PHOTO REQUIRED
bsnow

Need help identifying a Duhme & Co pattern

Post by bsnow »

Hi all.

I am a total newbie here am probably asking relatively ignorant questions. Regardless, I inherited some Duhme and Co. silver, upon research it looks close to pattern # 3 but not really when you look closely. Any help you professionals can provide would be greatly appreciated.

(admin edit - see Posting Requirements )

thanks in advance !

silverly

Re: Need help identifying a Duhme & Co pattern

Post by silverly »

Welcome to the forum. The pattern is Trajan which was introduced in 1892 by Reed & Barton. Duhme & Co of Cincinnati, Ohio was the retailer.
bsnow

Post by bsnow »

thank you very much !

(admin edit - see Posting Requirements )

it appears that we have a full rack - setting for 12. Twelve pieces each, inclusive of big serving spoons, soup spoons, a big scalloped ladle, a pie server, and 12 tiny baby / sugar spoons and 12 very long thin stemmed spoons as well.
all were kept in a big well crafted wooden box with a brown felt "anti tarnish" liner
Aguest
contributor

Post by Aguest »

We don't really discuss value on here, it is just one of the guidelines of the forum, but as far as rarity goes, this pattern is not quite rare, but it is just slightly uncommon, it is also uncommon to find a complete set of 12, thanks for the nice pics of a nice set :::
bsnow

Post by bsnow »

Aguest wrote:We don't really discuss value on here, it is just one of the guidelines of the forum, but as far as rarity goes, this pattern is not quite rare, but it is just slightly uncommon, it is also uncommon to find a complete set of 12, thanks for the nice pics of a nice set :::

Apologies for the lack of etiquette there. And thank you again for your experience and expertise. Much appreciated.
bsnow

Post by bsnow »

bsnow wrote:thank you very much !

it appears that we have a full rack - setting for 12. Twelve pieces each, inclusive of big serving spoons, soup spoons, a big scalloped ladle, a pie server, and 12 tiny baby / sugar spoons and 12 very long thin stemmed spoons as well.
all were kept in a big well crafted wooden box with a brown felt "anti tarnish" liner

Aguest
contributor

Post by Aguest »

The "scalloped ladle" appears to me to be "Lily by Whiting" (there should be a "RD 1902" hallmark on the bottom along with the Whiting lion hallmark and "STERLING" and there might be a "retailer mark" along the bottom of the handle which would indicate the retail shop where the piece was sold from) ::

The pie server underneath the scalloped ladle I cannot see, thus I cannot make a conjecture on the manufacturer and pattern ::

The pearl handled pieces are from a different company as well, these might be "silver plate," probably they are, but I can't really tell for sure ::

Return to “Flatware Pattern Identification”