My number one mystery item.

What was this used for? - PHOTO REQUIRED
Valdemar

My number one mystery item.

Post by Valdemar »

Hey guys! I am a metal detectorist from Canada. Have some very interesting finds that I can not nail down 100 %. There is my find from Montreal, Quebec that I made last season. Spent so much time to id it but only came up to conclusion that this is the stylized French coat of Arms. But what is it? The part of French army officer's gorget or sweet heart pin or brooch or sort of... It is marked sterling at the back side. This is pretty much last resort to id it cause I tried to answer to my question through many resources already but in wain. Thanks in advance for the help.Sorry folks I cannot download my pictures yet cause probably I have just registered.
silvermakersmarks
co-admin

Re: My number one mystery item.

Post by silvermakersmarks »

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

The following should help you to post your images (we don't impose a delay on new members):

How to Add Images

Posting Requirements

and: http://www.925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=42199

Embedded images get a far greater response than just posting links or thumbnails.

Remember to use the 'Preview' button before submitting your post - if your images don't show up there we won't be able to see them either.

Phil
Valdemar

Re: My number one mystery item.

Post by Valdemar »

Thank you Phil for clarifying. I am trying now... Image

Image- one cent is for the scale.Image

Image, it is not flat one as you can see . I cleaned it a bit Image

Image Image

Imageand last picture is of the gorget I found in the internet:Image

Image. The mark STERLING without hallmark is there. Does it indicate the time when it was made? Thank you folks in advance for your ideas and suggestions.

Return to “Mystery Objects”