Tezcuco Plantation House in Fine Silver....help!

Item must be marked "Sterling" or "925"
PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Mindy

Tezcuco Plantation House in Fine Silver....help!

Post by Mindy »

I have this "Souvenier"?? (I guess you would call it) it measures about 3" x 3" and weighs about 3.4 ozs.
It has a picture of the Tezcuco Plantation House on it. There are initials HAS (twice), "Unique Studio", "Fine Silver"
and the name (?) "Soule" on it. (We have had it tested and it is silver.)
I have looked online now for over a year to find out anything about this. The only thing I find out about it is the Tezcuco Plantation itself. Nothing about any silversmiths named "Soule" or with any initials "HAS" or any silversmiths/artists called "Unique Studios".
Can anyone help me out here? I would appreciate any information you can throw my way!
Thank you!
Mindy

Mindy

Re: Tezcuco Plantation House in Fine Silver....help!

Post by Mindy »

nothing? no help? ughhhh Sooooo frustrating! I have no idea where else to go to find out anything about this!
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Hi Mindy,

Welcome to the Forum.

I'll move your post to the American Arts & Crafts Forum, perhaps we'll have better luck there. Many members are only occassional vistors, so don't give up hope yet.

Trev.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Mindy,
The silversmith is H. Alvin Sharpe (American/New Orleans, 1910-1982). Tezcuco was an historic plantation house in Darrow, Louisiana that was destroyed by fire in 2002:
http://www.nps.gov/nr/travel/louisiana/tez.htm

A number of Sharpe's silver pieces, including some of his famous Mardi Gras doubloons, can be seen online (lots 562-568) at:
http://www.nealauction.com/archive/0110 ... -600.shtml

Regards, Tom
Mindy

Post by Mindy »

Thank you Tom!!! I have been holding on to this trying to find out more about it!
thank you VERY much!!
Mindy

Return to “Arts & Crafts Smiths ~ American Handwrought after-1900”