Rjumka set 2

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
amena
contributor

Rjumka set 2

Post by amena »

Hi all
I recently purchased a set of niello vodka cups I've learned, surfing 925-1000, that are called rjumka.
It bears the soviet hallmark and the mark of the manufacturer seems to me the one of the post
http://www.925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic ... lit=soviet" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I.e. СЧ, first two letters of "Cеверная Чернь."
However, there are some differences.
In my case the number indicating the year stay before the letters СЧ rather than after and is preceded by a dot.
The letter before the 5-pointed star isn’t an M but a V upside down (lambda?)
I would also like to know if that mark indicated by the red arrow, which is on all pieces have some significance

I hope someone can clarify my doubts.
Best regards
Amena
Zolotnik

Re: Rjumka set 2

Post by Zolotnik »

Hi amena -
Juwelirnaja Masterskaja No 69 Minbyta SSSR, g. Swerdlowsk 1983 Uralskaja Inspektsija

without dot it is 1953 from Leningrad. What the other mark is, I do not know - maybe a sign to show the several patterns for easier assemling?

Regards
Zolotnik
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

I'm afraid that you have learned wrong. These vodka cups are called "стопка" i. e. stopka and not rjumka. The rjumka has a foot like a vine glass. The manufacturer is a bit difficult. It is either the mentioned "Cеверная Чернь" in Veliki Ustjug or Ювелирнаяа Мастерскаяа № 22 in Sverdlovsk (Jewelery work shop) . I don't know which one it is. Both factories used this same mark in 1983. If I had to guess I would say the first one because Veliki Ustjug was known for its niello skills. The assay mark, the star and sickle, doesn't tell anything because the cups are assayed in Leningrad.

I don't thing the mark pointed by the red arrow has any particular meaning. Do you have the same mark on every cup?
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

@Zolotnik

Please note Ч not У. Kindly look at #1493 and #1494 in Troepolskaja. The year is 1983.
amena
contributor

Post by amena »

I still have so much to learn; today I’ve made a little step forward
Thanks to both of you
Amena
amena
contributor

Post by amena »

to Qrt.s
Yes the same mark on every cup and on the saucer
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

Hmmm...
Could be a so called "journeyman's mark", an unofficial (control) mark indicating what person or team made the set.
amena
contributor

Post by amena »

The script in the Cyrillic alphabet is no longer readable on my computer.
Is it a problem of my computer?
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

Hi amena,
The problem is not on your computer. It seems to be a kind of a system failure. I suffer from the same thing. I you pick an old thread with Cyrillic text, you will find the same problem. The Cyrillic text is a mess.

@dognose,

What causes this problem?
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

This goes back four or five years ago when a routine system update became corrupted. Unfortunately nothing can be done about it except manual correction.

Trev.

Return to “Russian Silver”