Comprehensive periodized Sazikov marks

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
AG2012
contributor

Comprehensive periodized Sazikov marks

Post by AG2012 »

A doctoral dissertation by Voldaeva Veronica Yuryevna:
SAZIKOV JEWELRY COMPANY, THE PROBLEM OF HISTORICISM IN RUSSIAN ART IN XIX CENTURY
Moscow, 2009
238 pages

Волдаева Вероника Юрьевна
"ЮВЕЛИ НАЯ ФИ МА САЗИКОВЫХ, К П ОБЛЕМЕ ИСТО ИЗМА В УССКОМ ИСКУССТВЕ XIX ВЕКА"

Chief art expert of Gokhran (Гохран), the State Precious Metals and Gems Repository.The expert on cultural values with Federal Service for monitoring compliance with cultural heritage protection law ( осохранкультура).

Available at Russian Academy of Arts, 21, Prechistenka Street, Moscow, or buy online at Scientific library of dissertations website for 500 rubles.
http://www.dissercat.com/content/yuveli ... e-xix-veka
("Методы визуально-графического и источниковедческого анализов, а также метод реконструкции дали возможность впервые исследовать вопрос клеймения изделий фирмы Сазиковых практически за весь период её существования, подвергнув их систематизации и периодизации и ввести указанный подход в научный оборот.")

Study of newly discovered archival documents (Изучение вновь найденных архивных документов) enabled to approach the topic of marks on its products (позволило подойти к теме клеймения её изделий).
Periodized schematic Sazikov marks

1. in a circle: 1851 London world exhibition medal
2. Yellow: marks not previously published
(The Imperial eagle is obviously shown schematically only to indicate its presence with maker’s mark)
Zolotnik

Re: Comprehensive periodized Sazikov marks

Post by Zolotnik »

Hi AG2012 -

thank you very much for the comprehensive marks of Sazikov!

Regards
Zolotnik
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

You are welcome! This is a book by Mrs. Voldaeva Veronica Yuryevna Ювелирный дом Сазиковых published this year, 208 pages. She actually had the entire silver collection of Gokhran (Гохран)
, the State Precious Metals and Gems Repository, in her hands.
But, difficult to deal with them online and some people I know have more important things to attend than visiting bookshops.
Zolotnik

Post by Zolotnik »

Hi AG2012 -

if you manage to get one for you - maybe you can manage to get one for me too - of course I will pay for all your expenses...

Regards
Zolotnik
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

I doubt I will try to buy online: there is a language barrier with Russian web sites and it may not be safe, either. Btw. the book is in Russian but over 200 pages fully illustrated. It’s published in 2000 copies and let’s hope it will appear in English soon.
If you Google for "Ювелирный дом Сазиковых" (copy — paste) you will have several websites with pages from the book shown.
There is a Russian family I know and they travel back home from time to time — will see what I can do; the book is not expensive.

This site offers several pages from the book but there is no price as far as I can see.

3,950.00 RUB = 82.4947 EUR

3,000.00 RUB =62.6542 EUR

(Admin edit - please, no linking to commercial websites)

MfG, Have a nice weekend
Zolotnik

Post by Zolotnik »

Hi AG2012 -
I tried amazon, global books etc. - they list it but it is not available. Price USD 147.00

Thanks again
Zolotnik
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Recent question from an old post.
By the way, I have not either heard about the author earlier. Does anybody know who she is?
A doctoral dissertation by Voldaeva Veronica Yuryevna:
SAZIKOV JEWELRY COMPANY, THE PROBLEM OF HISTORICISM IN RUSSIAN ART IN XIX CENTURY
Moscow, 2009
Волдаева Вероника Юрьевна

Chief art expert of Gokhran, the State Precious Metals and Gems Repository.The expert on cultural values with Federal Service for monitoring compliance with cultural heritage protection law ( осохранкультура).

Snapshots from Saturday News, January 2014, during the visit of Russian finance minister Mr. Anton Siluanov to Gokhran ( Mrs. Voldaeva Veronica Yuryevna is standing on the right).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_McaPi7E5LI

To Google for her copy-paste "Волдаева Вероника Юрьевна" in Cyrillic

It goes without saying this is NOT the place to discuss doctoral dissertations, particularly not with reputable institutions like The Russian Academy of Arts. Otherwise would be arrogance of cosmic dimensions and an insult to her painstaking research.

This fact is irrefutable: PhD dissertations and research cannot be repeated under the same or similar name, meaning no person or persons will get permission to open Sazikov display cabinets and search through huge Gokhran inventory with literally tons of silver. In a word, this will be the only reliable publication for decades to come.
Zolotnik

Post by Zolotnik »

Hi AG2012 -

thanks for the follow up! Let's hope some exemplares of her book will show up at the known places....

Regards
Zolotnik
elenabutov

Post by elenabutov »

A few illustrations from the excellent book ( V.Yu.Voldaeva).
In the yellow frames - marks, that had not previously been published.
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

I have posted schematic Sazikov marks from Mrs. V.Yu.Voldaeva`s doctoral dissertation.
You have posted three pictures of ACTUAL marks on silver, but unfortunately they are both small and not sharp enough.
We would appreciate very much if you could take better pictures of those three pages with Sazikov marks and share them with us all.
Thanks in advance.
Kindest regards
elenabutov

Post by elenabutov »

From book: В.Ю.Волдаева"Ювелирный дом Сазиковых",М.:Интербук-бизнес,2014
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Thank you so much elenabutov
Kindest regards