Cigarette case ,specific symbol or something else ?

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Qrt.S
contributor

Re: Cigarette case ,specific symbol or something else ?

Post by Qrt.S »

Who are you to talk about insults? Look at what you have written to e.g. Dane111 lately? In addition, what do you write above? And as said before I you don't know for sure say it or be quiet! Do not mislead the readers!
Goldstein
contributor

Post by Goldstein »

Hi -

I thought you could shed some light on the facts -
but you follow strict your line - same behavior - like your mate dane111

Regards
Goldstein
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

As an expert I thought you knew the case. The assayer's initial letters BC are separated with a central dot, bold or not or an ordinary dot, but since all three assayers Viktor, Veniamin and Vladimir assayed partly the same years in Moscow, it is not known with certainty whose mark is whose mark. Viktor was junior assayer and Veniamin senior assayer. The odds are that it would mostly be Viktor but as said? Therefore it is better to be careful with who it is regarding certain common years. It is not a big deal but good to know facts.
Goldstein
contributor

Post by Goldstein »

Hi -

that is the answer I expected from you - many thanks.

Regards
Goldstein
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

@Goldstein
You are welcome.
In general it is of utmost importance to always carefully investigate everything on an object control marked with "BC". These initials are very common and often seen (too often in my opinion) and especially on fakes. Moreover, if the maker's mark cannot be identified it should rise big red flags!
Goldstein
contributor

Post by Goldstein »

Hi Qrt.S -

in order to permanently avoid these perpetual, unsightly and unpleasant discussions in the future, my proposal, which has often been put before by me, is: instead of malicious and hurtful comments one simply indicate the respective primary source! This will stop any speculation or silly comments immediately. The unknowing learns something - the knowing has the truth on his side - unnecessary discussions are avoided. Some of the disappointed and injured members would return.
Everybody can learn from everybody!
The main target of this forum is the transfer of knowledge!
In other sections of this forum the providing of sources has long been common praxis - and works great.
I count on your support!

Regards
Goldstein

Return to “Russian Silver”