Faberge?

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Badger3000

Faberge?

Post by Badger3000 »

Hello, A friend has bought this fork and the seller claims its a Faberge. The photos below show the marks can any one tell me if this is correct or is it fake?
Many Thanks Badger
Juke
contributor

Re: Faberge?

Post by Juke »

Hi!

Very worn kokoshnik head control mark due to polishing, anyway I consider it to be authentic.

Regards,
Juke
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

Strange fork. I believe somebody has taken the liberty of modifying the sponges by bending them like that.. What would you do/serve with a fork like that? In my opinion a destroyed object irrespective of who made it, but ...?
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
Have seen lemon forks of this unusual shape (dimensions?) but,as Qrt.S pointed out, looks like modification of an ordinary fork to make it more lucrative as a curiosity.Marks may look genuine but all said even being Faberge cannot increase the value and appeal of this item.
Regards
huszas76
contributor

Post by huszas76 »

Well, sorry for my doubts, but are you sure it's silver?
Did you made an acid test?
Best regards!
Krisztián
Badger3000

Post by Badger3000 »

Hello All,
Thank you so much for all your feed back and let me explain. The fork belongs to a client who wanted me to make it into a bangle for her, hence the bent tines in the photo, which was one of many stages to transform it into the finished article in the photos. Don't shoot the artist! I didn't ask her to want to change this fork into jewellery but that is what she wanted me to do. Yes it is definitely silver and now after reflecting on your comments and looking at the web site, I am convinced that she has indeed got a genuine Faberge so all is well. Many Many thanks again Badger

oel
co-admin

Post by oel »

Hi Badger, from a plain dull silver fork into a beautiful silver bangle, "signed by Fabergé". You did a great job Badger. I am impressed, my compliments.

Best wishes,

Peter.
Badger3000

Post by Badger3000 »

Thanks Peter Christmas is coming!

(admin edit - see Posting Requirements )

Thanks again all Badger
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

@Badger3000
No, I want shoot the artist, the bangle is nice. However, I strongly advice you to remove the Fabergé mark for the simple reason that your creation has nothing to do with Fabergé anymore because Fabergé made a fork not a bangle. You haven't, actually, done anything wrong, but insinuating that the modified fork would be a Fabergé made bangle by leaving his mark on it, is in my eyes the same as deceiving people. Remove the Fabergé mark otherwise you're walking on thin ice!
Badger3000

Post by Badger3000 »

Thanks for the advice

Return to “Russian Silver”