Sazikov - again...

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Goldstein
contributor

Sazikov - again...

Post by Goldstein »

Hi -

since several years spoons from Sazikov with this medal from 1851 in his punch shows up. Lately they disappeared again. Just a try of the fakers?
Maybe someone has the facts!

Regards
Goldstein
Juke
contributor

Re: Sazikov - again...

Post by Juke »

Hi!

In the last discussion from couple years back the opinions differed on this matter. I myself do see these markings in auctions quite regularly so it is not a novelty or markings appearing only time to time.

Unfortunately I have not seen any new information regarding this medal marking, anyway I am still more of the opinion it to be an authentic marking based on seeing other similar Sazikov markings with and without the medal marking.

Regards,
Juke
Goldstein
contributor

Post by Goldstein »

Hi Juke -

Thank you for your assessment. Due to the dubious quality of the stamps I've seen, I'm very skeptical!

Regards
Goldstein
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
It has already been discussed.
http://925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=38269
Scroll down: highlighted in yellow under number 1 in a circle is the mark of 1851 London medal. Then bellow examples from the book.
Most probably there will be no new information to change the facts in the doctoral dissertation by Mrs. Voldaeva Veronica Yuryevna.
Pay attention where she works and the treasury her dissertation was based on.
Those Russian institutions are easily accessed.They would be happy to acquire new data.Scientific papers can be subject to criticism and corrections - evidence based. On the other hand,contradicting Mrs. Voldaeva dissertation would be the utmost arrogance
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Btw. some of the marks may have been faked the same way other Sazikov marks are faked, but there is but a little doubt London 1851 mark existed.
Goldstein
contributor

Post by Goldstein »

Hi AG2012 -

Thanks for the reminder.
Without belittling the merits of Mrs. Voldaeva Veronica Yuryevna, I have a bad feeling with many mark recordings that are shown in her book!
With all the fantastic possibilities to penetrate the most secret depths of museums and private collections, the selection of the marks shown is very disappointing. Above all, it shows marks that I have never seen in 40 years - neither in Russian museums nor in European auction houses or collections.
On the other side you will find marks that have been unmasked for years by collectors as counterfeits.
What I also do not understand is why Sazikov uses a jubilee badge from abroad instead of one of his many gold medals awarded to him for his outstanding work?
And last but not least: his name in cursive ....
Many questions - no satisfactory answers.

Regards
Goldstein
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Technology has significantly improved and fakes reached 50% of items offered at auctions.
Marks are far from perfect,though.

Hand engraving is still a problem for them. This is done with electric engraving pen.

Goldstein
contributor

Post by Goldstein »

Hi -

I just remember the various purchases of the oligarch Viktor Vekselberg at Sotheby's !! One hundred million....
8 Eggs for the Tsar, 2 with incised inventory numbers!!
No objections from the international "experts" !!

"Pecunia non olet"....

Regards
Goldstein
Tedim2

Post by Tedim2 »

I wish it was easier to insert pictures I could post the pictures from V's book and some authentic Sazikov hallmarks.

Maybe in the future. Also the fact the pictures are not imbedded makes a lot of previous discussions useless. :(
Tedim2

Post by Tedim2 »

Goldstein wrote:Hi -

I just remember the various purchases of the oligarch Viktor Vekselberg at Sotheby's !! One hundred million....
8 Eggs for the Tsar, 2 with incised inventory numbers!!
No objections from the international "experts" !!

"Pecunia non olet"....

Regards
Goldstein
Last egg went for 33million, so at 10 mil each of the forbes collection eggs seems reasonable:)

Return to “Russian Silver”