St.Petersburg / Table silver / Maker's marks?

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Atlas
contributor

St.Petersburg / Table silver / Maker's marks?

Post by Atlas »

Hello,

So help with identifying ( mostly?) St.Petersburg maker's marks following a bunch of photos here below if you please?
I will post the photos here in a few separate sections. In this first set, will consist of;

1) a group photo of all objects ( to appear hero below.)

2) a photo of maker's mark (a set of knives, with steel blades, 12 pieces / seen in the group photo )
3) a photo, from the other side, showing "84 with St.Petersburg mark" and the maker's stamped in the steel blade ( the same set of knives, with steel blade as in the photo above).

(admin edit - only one item per topic - see Posting Requirements )

So this was the first section, more will follow...( would haven taken me all night & still recovering from a quite rough flu.)
( Perhaps this could have been done easier but I am convinced that the goal will be reached in the end by following this route as well.)

Best regards,

- Atlas -
Goldstein
contributor

Re: St.Petersburg / Table silver / Maker's marks?

Post by Goldstein »

Hi Atlas -

A little introduction before I talk about the shown marks:

This is a forum of international experts who do not deserve being thrown a bunch of raked and uncleaned silver at their feet - badly photographed. Now tell me what I have!

Please note how others make a request and think about your approach!

Why should someone invest time and knowledge in a request - if you do not?
Did you use the search function already? Have you already checked literature? What do you already know about Russian silver?

Here a quick comment to your shown uncleaned marks - mistakes possible! In the future I will not answer sloppy requests anymore!

St. Petersburg

AH = Nasedkin, Aleksej 1883-1908
SF = Filander, S. Zacharias
KS = Selenius, Karl I. 1898
J.A = Allenius, Johann 1898-1908
PJ S = Silventoinen, Pekka 1886-1908
BK = Kochendörfer, Bernhard

Riga

AW = Wilson, Aleksandr 1882-1903

Regards
Goldstein
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
придв(орный) фабр(иканt) Варыпаев
Steel blade made by famous steel court supplier Varipaev,(Варыпаев) Pavlovo village.
Steel blades by this manufacturer are to be found with several important silversmiths.
Steel pincers by Varipaev (1st grade, class steel) ``сортъ``
Regards
Atlas
contributor

Post by Atlas »

Hello,

@ Goldstein,

I am sorry for your ( and possible others as well, who might feel the same way, ) hurt feelings because of my sloppy request with its badly photographed pictures of uncleaned silver. Surely the rough flu I`ve been going through lately, has really had the the best of me.
It was not my intention to say the least. I really hope you can get through this shock I`ve caused you, as I take my leave on my way to better recovering the flu, following hopefully a improved judgement capability in the future with my postings.
+ Thank you for sharing your point of view regarding the information with the maker's marks in my badly taken pictures of uncleaned silver.

@ AG2012

Than you very much for sharing this peace of information, I have earlier been lacking ( and not easily to be found, at lest not for me). :-)

Best regards,

- Atlas -

Return to “Russian Silver”