David-Andersen pin dish

Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and Finland
PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
JanGroen
contributor

David-Andersen pin dish

Post by JanGroen »

Good evening
I have bought this small silver and enamel dish today. It is made by DAVID-ANDERSEN NORWAY but I cant' find this specific mark. Are their a way to date this piece and find out whose design it may be? It is 8cm in diameter and 2cm high. Any other information of this lovely piece are welcome

Jannie

JanGroen
contributor

Re: David-Andersen pin dish

Post by JanGroen »

Serg1975
contributor

Post by Serg1975 »

Hello!
I understood what kind of specific hallmark you had in mind - it was applied, usually until 1925.
Look at the DA branding changes in hallmarks:
http://www.925-1000.com/david-andersen_marks.html
Your products are more recent, circa 1950 - guilloches with enamel, interesting samples of Art Modern.
Regards.
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
I have seen this mark on jewelry imported to UK and bearing import marks for the sixties.
Regards
JanGroen
contributor

Post by JanGroen »

Good evening
Thank you both for your comments. David-Anderson produced really nice works. What would be the best to describe such dish? Would it be a salt tray or more likely a pin dish? Still trying to find a similar yellow/orange one on the internet. This color reminds me a lot of an indicator light on an old car...

Groete
Jannie
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
They were produced in various sizes, never exceeding 10 cm. As expected, when there is full boxed set (salt, spoon and pepper shaker) they are described as such, individual salts are often described as pin dishes.
Beautiful guilloche . If you are interested how it`s done on rose lathe take a look here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rose_engine_lathe
Regards

Return to “Scandinavian Silver”