George Jensen Spoon Purpose Sought

Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and Finland
PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
silverly

George Jensen Spoon Purpose Sought

Post by silverly »

I have this nice little spoon in the Parallel pattern which I understand was designed in 1931 by Vilhelm Oscar Gundlach-Pedersen who was Georg Jensen's last apprentice. I have not been able to find any Georg Jensen flatware pieces that look identical to this on which I imagine is a mustard spoon. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

AG2012
contributor

Re: George Jensen Spoon Purpose Sought

Post by AG2012 »

HI;
Georg Jensen Parallel or Relief pattern;also called Relief # 25 pattern.This serving set ( 22 cm) has rare additional circular "wings" midway up the handle.Most of the smaller items have no "wings", a few of the larger serving items have scroll "wings" , the circular "wings" appear to be the rarest addition to the pattern. The pattern was designed in 1931 by Oscar Gundlach-Pedersen, a famous Danish architect who designed a number of important buildings. He was born in 1886, he served as Georg Jensen's last apprentice in 1911, he later returned to the Georg Jensen firm as Manager and Artistic Director between 1927 and 1931, when he designed the Parallel and Nordic flatware patterns, and also Mitra, the company's first stainless steel flatware pattern. He received medals and honours at the Paris World Exhibitions in 1925 and 1937, he was also President of the Danish Carpentry Committee.
The jam spoon bellow has no "wings" and is 12 cm long.
There are knives, forks etc.available as single pieces.Sets of mocha and tea spoons can also be found.
Regards

silverly

Re: George Jensen Spoon Purpose Sought

Post by silverly »

A beautiful set and thank you for all the information.

Return to “Scandinavian Silver”