Marks on ? Sugar Shaker

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
populous38

Marks on ? Sugar Shaker

Post by populous38 »

Can anyone identify these Marks on the base of this ? Sugar Shaker. They aren't big and deep in the base. I have used a glass to take the photo's bit as big as I can get them. One mark appears to be a leopard ??? Always grateful. Cheers. Gary

populous38

Re: Marks on ? Sugar Shaker

Post by populous38 »

been having a long look at the marks; I think they may be English - London. Under the Lion Passant on the Right, I think this is a Leopards head and the mark on the Left is the date mark. Any help gratefully appreciated. Unfortunately the Lid is not marked

populous38

Re: Marks on ? Sugar Shaker

Post by populous38 »

Managed to get deeper with magnifying glass. Any help to date this would be sooooooooo appreciated. gary

populous38

Marks on Shaker - New Photos

Post by populous38 »

Hi Guys; Pics of this are up already but I have had the glass and zoom as best I can to get some better photo's of the hallmarks. I wonder, even going by the shape of the Lion Passant and the cartouches, someone may guess a date. It's pretty heavy gauge silver. I have put it in a new topic as the last one was a bit cluttered as I added more and more photo's. Hope that is ok. I've looked and looked at my hallmark books but I just can't figure it out. Any help or suggestions always appreciated. Cheers. Gary

Return to “London Hallmarks”