London Hallmarks

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Nawakwa

London Hallmarks

Postby Nawakwa » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:01 am

I am trying to correctly read the hallmarks on a covered dish. I know its London as it has the Leopard without a crown, the Lion sterling mark, letters CP in small circles, the date letter (small L) which I think according to the chart dates it to either 1786 or 1906. The duty mark is weak in a oval, (King George III, King IV or King Wm. IV). From what I read here the Leopard must wear a crown to be 1786, the date letter is very clear and the outside frame looks to like the 1786 frame. I have a clear picture however I do not use any third party sites to host pictures. Any tips on how I can positively correctly ID the date letter.

dognose
Site Admin

Re: London Hallmarks

Postby dognose » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:29 am

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.

Your question cannot be answered without the required images.

The below should help you:

How to Add Images

Posting Requirements

https://postimages.org (copy the 'Hotlink for forums' code) or http://www.tinypic.com (copy the 'IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards') are recommended.

Ensure your images are embedded. Do not post links. Remember to use the 'Preview' button before submitting your post.

For more information see:

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=37974&p=103282#p103282

Give some time to creating your posts and we'll give some time to researching and answering them.

Trev.

silvermakersmarks
co-admin

Re: London Hallmarks

Postby silvermakersmarks » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:51 am

Your description is not sufficient to be able to identify the hallmark as any particular London date. This is why we insist upon seeing pictures. Trev's post suggests a couple of 3rd party image hosting sites, neither of which require you to register or identify yourself in any way. I urge you to overcome your objection to posting on such a site and share your images with us as I am sure that we will be able to help you.

Phil

Return to “London Hallmarks”