Christopher Dresser Design? Silver Coffee/Hot Water Pot

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
nilchen

Christopher Dresser Design? Silver Coffee/Hot Water Pot

Post by nilchen »

Dear Silver friends,

I just aquired this small Hot Water(?) pot.
It was made in London, 1896. The Reg. No: 250174 states it was designed in 1895.
The bottom is marked: 12511

The Maker is Middleton and Heath.

I like the mechanism, which I havent seen yet before. The Design looks a little like Dresser. Can anybody confirm this?
Many thanks

Mike

Peartree
contributor

Re: Christopher Dresser Design? Silver Coffee/Hot Water Pot

Post by Peartree »

Hi, belatedly seen your post. Given that is in the 1890’s and for Heath and Middleton there is every chance it is Dresser but there seem to be no records to prove that. As an attribution many Dresser collectors would not accept it.
nilchen

Post by nilchen »

Peartree wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:17 pm Hi, belatedly seen your post. Given that is in the 1890’s and for Heath and Middleton there is every chance it is Dresser but there seem to be no records to prove that. As an attribution many Dresser collectors would not accept it.
Hi. Sorry for the late response. I just saw you answered my old question. Many thanks for this info. So I will now hunt for old Dresser pictures of Teapots. All the best. Mike
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
The most reputable British auction houses rely on this book when they attribute teapots to Dresser:
Christopher Dresser : A Design Revolution
Hardcover – January 1, 2004
by Michael Whiteway (Author)

It seems the book is the most valued reference; if the design is not there, it`s not Dresser.
Regards

Return to “London Hallmarks”