Maker's Mark Lovely Duck Spoon

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Pooka

Maker's Mark Lovely Duck Spoon

Post by Pooka »

Hi,

I bought this lovely duck spoon but I can't find the sponsor's mark anywhere. I must admit I have this problem regularly with modern British silver sponsor marks and whenever I do a search on the web there doesn't seem to be an up-to-date resource out there. Can anyone please identify the sponsor mark for me and also recommend an online resource for future use? Or is there a book regularly updated which I can buy as a more permanent resource?

Pooka

Re: Maker's Mark Lovely Duck Spoon

Post by Pooka »

ps sorry about all the white space about the images but I tried my best to get rid of it by cropping but it didn't work!

Greg.
silvermakersmarks
co-admin

Post by silvermakersmarks »

Unfortunately there are not many references for most 20th century and later silversmiths, either online or in hardcopy. There is a very good reference for Chester marks and Edinburgh has a site which identifies many of its marks, but for London, Birmingham and Sheffield we are very much on our own. ADV is a new one for me so I am unable to give you a name. The Birmingham Assay Office would, of course, be able to identify the maker from their records

Phil
Pooka

Post by Pooka »

Thanks Phil. I'll try the Birmingham assay office and hope they don't charge a fee!

Greg.

Return to “Birmingham Hallmarks”