Unknown makers mark

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Dendriet
contributor

Unknown makers mark

Post by Dendriet »

Cross, which I do not know whose makers mark JP (and arrow?) it is
Searched in the books of Dutch responsibility marks and the Southern Netherlands.
Large ± 75cm x 30cm.

Sincerely
Dendriet

oel
co-admin

Re: Unknown makers mark

Post by oel »

Hi Dendriet,

J P with a kind of fishbone in the middle in a rectangle shield. Check out Johannes Plaghki or ( Johannes Plachkie) registered in diocese Roermond 1836-1886. The "fishbone" in between JP has lost two of his bottom bones. The Dutch responsibility marks books are showing us drawings of the marks which are not always 100% accurate.

Best,

Peter
Dendriet
contributor

Re: Unknown makers mark

Post by Dendriet »

Hi Peter,

Oops ...... ..I was too focused on "Meuse Inferior" (Lower Maas - R.Struyck) and Southern Netherlands (W. van Dievoet).

I had the maker's mark notices on page JP 11515 (only JP - was different), and does not look further on the back page JP 11516.

Now I understand the story of (seller) the Catholic Diocese of Roermond and Major Seminary Rolduc in Kerkrade.

Johannes Josephus Hubertus Plaghki was born on March 30, 1813 in Roermond, Limburg, Netherlands. He married Isabella Hubertina Ida Knarren on June 20, 1854 in Roermond, Limburg, Netherlands.
Hubertina Isabella Ida Knarren. Hubertina married Johannes Josephus Hubertus Plaghki on June 20, 1854 in Roermond, Limburg, Netherlands.

Thank you for your reaction, it is very much appreciated

Sincerely Dendriet

Return to “Dutch Silver”