SIGNED UP AGAIN

Do not post mark questions here.
AG2012
contributor

SIGNED UP AGAIN

Post by AG2012 »

I signed up for the third time here. It’s been a long time — more than 5 years and then again 2 years ago. I have more time to participate now. Having worked in a jeweler’s (silversmith’s) workshop for years I suppose I can offer valuable information and comments on ``how it’s made`` because I am fully familiar with it. I will not engage much in hallmarks, fakes,makers and assayers, leaving it to you, who have done much substantial research (unless it is clearly associated with silversmithing.Craftsmanship is very important; the easiest way to make a mistake is to rely on hallmarks only, although hallmarking tools are my field, too. God bless you all.
dognose
Site Admin

Re: SIGNED UP AGAIN

Post by dognose »

Hi AG2012,

Welcome to the Forum.

We're delighted to have you on board, and we look forward to your participation in solving some of the riddles that we have on 925-1000.com.

Also, I'm sure we'll all like to hear a little about your background in the trade.

Regards Trev.
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Thank you for being kind to me.
I have been working and assisting a jeweler and silversmith master for years and made many things myself.But mostly did repairs on silver and gold (hard soldering with a blowing pipe which I find far more versatile than modern butane gas burners - the temperature cannot be well controlled).Besides,have been collecting silver for decades.Again, although familiar with hallmarking systems, assay offices and makers of many countries, my field is ``how it`s made``, including hallmarking steel tools, which,by the way, are extremely expensive and profitable only if hundreds of faked items are hallmarked with them.I suppose this is not a showroom and I will not post items nor ask questions about what I already know.It will be my pleasure to help in whatever matter, and I do hope to learn much from you who have extensively researched the literature.
oel
co-admin

Post by oel »

Hello AG2012 welcome to the AG925-1000 forum.

Just out of curiosity but why have you changed your user’s name 3 times and signed up under a new name the third time? Have you done any previous postings under a different name and has there been a particular reason you had to change your old user’s names?

Regards,

Oel

Return to “General Questions”