James Deakin pattern numbers

Do not post mark questions here.
pmark

James Deakin pattern numbers

Post by pmark »

I have an epergne of a giraffe and oak tree. It is made by James Deakin & Sons, and it bears a pattern number of P3991. Does anyone have an idea where I can reference the pattern numbers, so that I can establish a date for this item?
dognose
Site Admin

Re: James Deakin pattern numbers

Post by dognose »

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.

Only a shot in the dark, but it may be worthwhile contacting the Decorative Art & Metalwork department of the Sheffield Galleries & Museums Trust to see if any of the James Deakin & Sons archive is held by them.

Their email address is: decorative@museums-sheffield.org.uk

Do let us know if you have any luck there.

Trev.
aknamc

Post by aknamc »

I found some information on a website that has pictures of different hallmarks used by James Deakin & Sons and lists dates of when some of them were submitted to the Assay office. You might be able to use that to narrow down the age of your piece. The link to the website is below.

http://www.silvercollection.it/ENGLADEAKIN.html
pmark

Post by pmark »

aknamc wrote:I found some information on a website that has pictures of different hallmarks used by James Deakin & Sons and lists dates of when some of them were submitted to the Assay office. You might be able to use that to narrow down the age of your piece. The link to the website is below.

http://www.silvercollection.it/ENGLADEAKIN.html
Thanks for the info. I have narrowed the field of possible dates using this site.
pmark

Post by pmark »

Contacted the Decorative Art & Metalwork department of the Sheffield Galleries, but so far no reply.

Return to “General Questions”