M. Kaye - Modernist

Do not post mark questions here.
Merchgirl

M. Kaye - Modernist

Post by Merchgirl »

Trying to find out ANY infor on jeweler M Kaye who signs his pieces M KAYE (and underneath) STERLING - the font is almost identical to this font. Every once in a while I see a pendant on eBay of his so I have varied the hallmark but cannot find ANYTHING about his or this piece. Any info would be appreciated!
dognose
Site Admin

Re: M. Kaye - Modernist

Post by dognose »

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.

Why not post some images of the mark?

Trev.
Merchgirl

Post by Merchgirl »

I can't figure out how...
oel
co-admin

Post by oel »

Welcome to the forum. The below should help you:

How to Add Images

Posting Requirements

http://www.postimg.com is recommended. Embedded images get a far greater response than just posting links.

Remember to use the 'Preview' button before submitting your post.

This is how you could do it. Use a good digital camera with macro function and daylight only, no flash.
You make the required photos and store those at a photo hosting site. The photo host will ask you if you like to keep original size or like to re-size; re-size to 640x480 (medium) and upload the image(s). After you have uploaded your re-sized image, you can choose what kind of link you like to provide to enable others to view your image. You have four choices; Direct, Forum, Alt Forum and HTML; choose Forum and copy the link. Now you can paste the image-link in your 925-1000 new topic text, please use the preview button, to check quality of the image before posting.
For photo/image hosting you could choose ImageShack not free of charge but Ad free: https://imageshack.com/
but there are many other free hosting sites

I prefer a reliable image host because I do not like to lose my images. We request people not to remove their images and keep those images as long as possible for their own benefit and to benefit others. Most topics with missing images are almost worthless. See: http://www.925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic ... 46&t=39786

Good luck and we hope to see some of your images.

Oel.
Merchgirl

Post by Merchgirl »

I am sorry - I can't seem to get the photos to post. They are on Instagram - and that was easy - but I can't even copy and paste them from my iPad. Very frustrating. If I knew more information about M. Kaye I would be in much better shape! DM
dragonflywink
co-admin

Post by dragonflywink »

Hi - If your images are stored on your device, and you follow Oel's instructions, there should be no problem (I've used to post pictures here from my phone, tablet, and laptop).

~Cheryl
Traintime
contributor

Post by Traintime »

Drove me crazy too! For Idiot Pad, I login here then go to Postimage.org. A two step process. After scanning and selecting images (four thing to tap) it will upload. When ready, move down to the URL codes, select Hotlink I. The trick at this point is to tap to get your cursor at the end of the 4th line, then tap to select all, then tap to copy, then back out (blue arrow twice) to come back to the site. Tap once to get paste. When the URL code is in place, erase that fourth line (tap the backup key all the way but don't run past the line). Then you can start typing yout text. Preview. And Submit. Once you get it (with lots of screaming) it works fine with occasional glitches we have to live with. (One photo is a little harder than two or three as the readout will be more complex).
Merchgirl

Post by Merchgirl »

Return to “General Questions”