Has Anyone Ever Seen One of These? - 2

Do not post mark questions here.
dognose
Site Admin

Has Anyone Ever Seen One of These? - 2

Post by dognose »

Hi,

I've never come across one of these and wondered if anyone can share an example of such a piece with us?

THE "MASTICUS."

The numerous class suffering from indigestion are so often recommended by medical advisers to cut meat into small pieces to facilitate mastication, that Messrs. H.J. Cooper & Co., Ltd., 22 and 23, Thavies Inn, Holborn Circus, London, E.C., have done well in introducing the "Masticus," here shown (fig. 12). As will be seen from the illustration, it consists of a light frame having six rows of sharp teeth, by which any kind of meat can be quickly macerated. This appliance is slipped upon the ordinary table fork, and will be found effectual in use and easily kept clean. It is made in best electro-plate and in solid silver, and is put up in a neat compact case for the pocket. In our “New Catalogue and Price List” column, we give particulars of Messrs. Cooper & Co.'s No. 9 list, just published, containing particulars of numerous lines in jewellery, watches, optical goods, and plate.

Source: The British Trade Journal - 1st January 1904

Anybody got one?

Trev.
JayT
contributor

Re: Has Anyone Ever Seen One of These? - 2

Post by JayT »

No, but wish I had, as a curiosity. Wouldn't want to be sitting next to someone using this device (yuck factor).
JLDoggett
co-admin

Post by JLDoggett »

I bet it works really well as a portable cheese grater.
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Excellent! Well found AG2012!

I've just got to have one of those!

Trev.

Return to “General Questions”