Austrian Oak Leaf and Acorn silver-mark

Do not post mark questions here.
THE LILLIE

Austrian Oak Leaf and Acorn silver-mark

Post by THE LILLIE »

Looking for info and history on Austrian silversmith family Franz Johann Scheffier 1769/V.C. Dub 1852/Alexander Strum 1851/Joseph Hoffmann 1870, thanks....The Lillie
dognose
Site Admin

Re: Austrian Oak Leaf and Acorn silver-mark

Post by dognose »

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.

Please be more explicit regarding exactly the information you are seeking.

Trev.
THE LILLIE

Post by THE LILLIE »

Thank you for responding so quickly, Trev. I have a 3 inch silver-entwined real scarab pendant with the oak leaf/acorn mark of V.C. Dub.

I am finding little research about this Austrian Family. Just hoping some experts out there can share what they may know, or refer me to a book resource, or website to learn more.

This forum will not allow me to post a photo, maybe there is a trick to that too? I am not a collector, buyer or seller, just interested
to know more about this very unusual piece of jewelry that I found in an old family shop in Berchtesgaden Germany 2000.

Gratefully. Lillie
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Hi Lillie,

I'm unsure why you should think that that you are not allowed to post images, as that is not the case.

The below should help you:

How to Add Images

Posting Requirements

https://postimages.org (copy the 'Hotlink for forums' code) is recommended. Do not use Photobucket or Dropbox.

Ensure your images are embedded. Do not post links. Remember to use the 'Preview' button before submitting your post.

For more information see:

http://www.925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic ... 82#p103282

Give some time to creating your posts and we'll give some time to researching and answering them.

Trev.

Return to “General Questions”