MOORE, Thomas III (Grimwade p.599, 402)

Moderators: MCB, buckler, silverly

buckler

MOORE, Thomas III (Grimwade p.599, 402)

Post by buckler »

Thomas Moore entered sole bucklemaker marks at 93, Batholomew Close on 2th May 1776

15 July 1778 - Old Bailey Trial
JOHN POWELL was indicted for stealing eighteen pair of silver shoebuckles, value £12 . two silver milk ewers,
40 s. two silver pepper castors, value 20 s. three silver punch ladles, value 20 s. six silver table-spoons, value £4 . four silver desert spoons, value 30 s. and two silver salt spoons, value 5 s. the property of Thomas Moore.
THOMAS MOORE sworn.
I am a silver-buckle-maker; on the 5th of June I sent my apprentice with the things mentioned in the indictment, in a box, to the Spread-Eagle inn; they were directed to a Mr. Longhurst of Steyning; the box was stole, and I advertised it.
JOHN MOORE (he was the apprentice) sworn.
I am the prosecutor's brother's son; I am going of sixteen. [This is probably the John Moore who entered a mark in 1787 at 1, Great Bartholomew Close.] The incident at t he Spread Eagle took place near Leadenhall Market
buckler

Re: MOORE, Thomas III (Grimwade p.599, 402)

Post by buckler »

Prior to his sole marks Thomas Moore was in partnership with a John Moore of Abbotts Bromley in Staffordshire. As Moore's name is given last, it can be presumed that he was the junior of the two partners.

The joint mark of John Bourne and Thomas Moore III of 26 June 1770 as smallworkers

on a buckle of around 1772

Please see also http://www.925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic ... 48&t=52825

Return to “Grimwade's Biographies ~ Updates”