A receipt issued by Colburn & Jeffery of 93, Briggate, Leeds:
The receipt, dated 22nd July 1876 was issued to a Mr. Dyson of Leeds, it reads:
Bot. of Colburn & Jeffery
Silversmiths, Jewellers & Opticians
18ct Albert stamped every link Â£9 - 15s
Settled same time With thanks pp. Colburn & Jeffery - J.W. Mellor
The business of Colburn & Jeffery was established in 1801, it was acquired, probably in the late 1800's, by William Greenwood & Sons, who themselves were in business well into the second half of the 20th century, with branches at Leeds and Huddersfield.
William Greenwood & Sons entered their marks with the Birmingham Assay Office.