Italian? Hallmarks on Large Serving Trays

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
LadySunshine_410

Italian? Hallmarks on Large Serving Trays

Post by LadySunshine_410 »

I recently purchased 2 matching large silver serving trays but have been unable to identify the hallmarks on them. They are both the same and are stamped onto the front edges of the trays. The closest I have come is maybe Italian but I can't be sure of that. Any help identifying the country of origin, approximate date of manufacture would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help! Due to the poor quality of pics from my camera, I am also including my own sad artists rendering of what the marks look like. Please note that although it is worn and faint there also may be a capital "I" in between the 3 and the PA on this mark.

frenchie_myriam
contributor

Post by frenchie_myriam »

Hello there, Definately Italian and dating probably between 1934 and 1938. The Hallmark 3 PA = 3 is the registration number of the maker and PA is the province. 800 is the silver title. Unfortunately I do not have the table to locate which province is PA. It can be dated fairly precisely because a law in 1934 imposed this type of mark and this law was modified in 1938 and now the hallmark has to start with a star, then the registration number of the maker and then the province code.

Sorry I cannot be more precise but at least you know the period during which it was manufactured. Hope this has helped. Best Regards. Myriam
LadySunshine_410

Thanks so much

Post by LadySunshine_410 »

Hi, just wanted to say thanks for the info and confirmation of the Italy hallmark. Have a great evening.........Sandra
eldarinn

HI there

Post by eldarinn »

Just FYI, PA is for PALERMO which is the largest city in Sicilia.
Best regards -TAL
pepijn

Italian

Post by pepijn »

It is Italian, Sicilian to be exactly, and made after 1947 (after Mussolini). The 3 is meant to be a maker's mark and the letters PA stand for Palermo.
ottesub

3 PA

Post by ottesub »

this mark belongs to FORMOSA PIETRO - Via d'Olivello 71 Palermo.
This maker has ceased his activity
Best regards.
Giorgio B.
http://www.silvercolllection.it" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Other Countries”