S. Silver Fob Watch (swiss?) with photos! My second watch.

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
nornhound9

S. Silver Fob Watch (swiss?) with photos! My second watch.

Post by nornhound9 »

Now that I've fortunately gained knowledge of my first pocket fob watch that I had posted earlier on this forum, from a wonderful person; these two images are of my second fob watch. I'd like to know who it was made by, when it made, and of course where it came from! :) Thank you.

Gladly appreciate any helpful feedback.

~- NornHound
(edit)
Waylander
co-admin

Post by Waylander »

Hmm, from the marks it was imported silver, marked with the London import marks for.....ummmm.... I may be corrected but I would say 1907. Is the importer's mark AGK or AGH? Or AGR? (There is a A G Rogers recorded in the Chester makers marks for 1836 to 1883, but in that case the mark is in one circle, not three overlapping circles).

Waylander
nornhound9

Post by nornhound9 »

Waylander wrote:Hmm, from the marks it was imported silver, marked with the London import marks for.....ummmm.... I may be corrected but I would say 1907. Is the importer's mark AGK or AGH? Or AGR? (There is a A G Rogers recorded in the Chester makers marks for 1836 to 1883, but in that case the mark is in one circle, not three overlapping circles).

Waylander
I think I got my assumption of the London hallmark correct, but I was completely confused with the others, besides with what the Bear stood for.

I think it does say AGR, but it probably might not be that AG Rogers, since it's in 3 circles.

Thank you very much, now two of my watches, I can generally say where it was from, rather than "um.. I dont know. I think it's a Swiss watch."
Doos
co-admin

Post by Doos »

It's a remontoir, so 1907 would be a good guess.
frenchie_myriam
contributor

Post by frenchie_myriam »

Dear Nornhound,

The bear stands for swiss silver, Can you post a picture of it ?

Thanks and regards
Myriam
nornhound9

Post by nornhound9 »

frenchie_myriam wrote:Dear Nornhound,

The bear stands for swiss silver, Can you post a picture of it ?

Thanks and regards
Myriam
The bear hallmark was for the first pocketwatch that I had listed in this forum.. It's in this same category. Sorry if I confused anyone!

Return to “Other Countries”