Buccellati MI 15 or MI 26

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
italianc

Buccellati MI 15 or MI 26

Post by italianc »

Hi, I'm new to this site but am finding it a very useful reference point. I always thought the Buccellati mark was MI 15 , but i have also heard that MI 26 is also buccellati. Help and advice please? Thanks
dognose
Site Admin

Re: Buccellati MI 15 or MI 26

Post by dognose »

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.

The Italian registration number assigned to Mario Buccellati srl is 15 MI

See: Mario Buccellati

26 MI was assigned to Pradella Ilario di Gianangelo Pradella.

It of course would not be impossible for an item to be made by one silversmith and marked as thus, and then retailed by another silversmith, who in turn may well have applied their name also to the piece.

Trev.
italianc

Post by italianc »

Thanks for taking the time to reply Trev. This now appears the case having researched further . It was made by Pradella Ilario but probably retailed by Bucceallati .

cheers
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Hi,

We would appreciate some images of the marks.

Trev.
peterchow415

Post by peterchow415 »

Hi There,

I am not the OP but I have been researching a piece in my grandmother's collection for a bit now that has the 26 MI stamp and Mario Buccellati and have just come across this post explaining the 26 MI mark on some pieces that are stamped Mario Buccellati. I have included photos of the marks on this piece as well as of the piece itself. It appears to be a Sterling soup tureen but I have had no success in finding similar pieces online; I'm trying to determine when and where this piece would have been crafted. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Weight: 2450g
Dimensions: ~14.25" handle to handle and stands about 11" foot to top of lid

Thanks!
Peter.
peterchow415

Post by peterchow415 »

Seems I don't know how to post images properly, but here is the link to the IMGUR post that has all the pictures of this piece:

https://imgur.com/gallery/WhzjRmg

Thanks!
P.
amena
contributor

Post by amena »

The silverware factory Ilario Pradella, whose brand is registered in Milan in 1935, opens its headquarters in the Lombard capital in via Tadino.
The company produces refined and elegant objects (tureens, vases , bells, table cigar lighter, coffee services, candlesticks, centerpieces, among which a beautiful silver and vermeil embellished with lapis lazuli) both for its own brand, both on behalf of other exclusive brands such as Buccellati, Ansuini, Tiffany & Co. Some of his creations have been auctioned at Sotheby's. (Mb49)
alberto.pradella

Post by alberto.pradella »

Hello, i am new in this Forum but not in Silverware market.
My Grandfather was Ilario Pradella that founded the Silverware company in 1920 with trademark 26 MI.
I have been working in our family company for 10 years.
So I can confirm you that we have been the manufacturer of many of the world most famous retailers as Buccellati, Tiffany, Puiforcat Paris.
So every silverpiece must have the manufacturer trademark. Then the retailer can put his name on it but NOT his trademark.

Alberto Maria Pradella
amena wrote:The silverware factory Ilario Pradella, whose brand is registered in Milan in 1935, opens its headquarters in the Lombard capital in via Tadino.
The company produces refined and elegant objects (tureens, vases , bells, table cigar lighter, coffee services, candlesticks, centerpieces, among which a beautiful silver and vermeil embellished with lapis lazuli) both for its own brand, both on behalf of other exclusive brands such as Buccellati, Ansuini, Tiffany & Co. Some of his creations have been auctioned at Sotheby's. (Mb49)

Return to “Other Countries”