Napkin ring, unknown marks

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Juke
contributor

Napkin ring, unknown marks

Post by Juke »

Hi,

I have a set of napkin rings which I assume would be from some middle European country. The mark is an 800 (looks like 300?) and GOBEL. The napkin ring in picture has the best looking marks (with unclear G in the beginning and L in the end which letters I can see in some of the others).

http://sv1.letmehost.com/img.php?file=s ... n_ring.JPG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Any ideas of the country/town/maker and the period?

Regards,
Juhana
Juke
contributor

One more small mark

Post by Juke »

I found one more mark, a very small one. It is too small to take a picture of it so I drew it. The mark looks like this:

http://sv1.letmehost.com/img.php?file=s ... _mark2.JPG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

According to the mark I found from these pages that the napkin ring is then Austrian (1922-present) with a purity of .835 (number 3). The letter is too small to be looked with my magnifying glass.

Any more knowledge of the maker (presumably GOBEL) and in which town he worked and when.

Regards, Juhana
claretjugcollector

hi

Post by claretjugcollector »

i think it was made in hungary about 1940 / 1950 - in budapest ( capital fo hungary )
Juke
contributor

Napkin ring

Post by Juke »

You are correct that they are not Austrian. My mistake. I originally thought they would be Austrian but I later found out that they are Czeck and I didn't remember to correct it here. Sorry for that. Your estimate was better than my original one and close. Your estimate of the age sounds accurate.

Attached the Czeck silver hallmarks from the 20th century.

GOBEL probably is a local producer in Czeck which I have not been able to find.

Regards,
Juhana

Return to “Other Countries”