A bowl from Italy

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Qrt.S
contributor

A bowl from Italy

Post by Qrt.S »

Buongiorno a tutti,

To my understanding this bowl is made in Milan, Italy. The question is, however, who made it? Any suggestions are appreciated.

X

Thank you in advance
amena
contributor

Re: A bowl from Italy

Post by amena »

Tomaso Panizza notify the sign of the "goat breastfeeding» November 23 and deposit the plate with the impronto of the punch depicting the symbol in circle with the initials TP. The shop is in the district of Goldsmiths 3199, in the building where he lives. The silverware of the Panizza are among the most beautiful products in Milan at the middle of the nineteenth century. Skilled engraver and refined model maker, has a sense of proportion and taste of the decor. Cesare Cantù expresses admiration recalling his lamp for the Madonna of Monte Berico, and calls him "one of the chief engravers in Milan." From his shop, in the period 1837-1868, came out holy furnitures, coffee pots, sugar bowls, cruets, sauce boats, candlesticks, utensils and small table accessories. Even large and beautiful cutlery. The production and was certainly significant because during the research over fifty silvers of the Panizza have been identified. Always particularly elegant its three flames candlesticks
Regards
Amena
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

Grazie mille, I appreciate your work.
amena
contributor

Post by amena »

Hello Qtr.S
Looking with a new set of eyes to the silversmith's mark on your piece I see significant differences.

Could you post a more detailed picture of the marks?
Thanks
Amena
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

Very sorry amena, but the bowl was a friend of mines and he has sold it. Thank you anyway.
Italiansilver

Post by Italiansilver »

Is a sugar bowl, of a shape that i really like!!!
Unfortunately the cover is missing.

Return to “Other Countries”