A 2nd Barcelona maker

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
agsearcher

A 2nd Barcelona maker

Post by agsearcher »

Hi forum members again. This is another Barcelona maker I cannot discover, help appreciated much.

Image Image
Funkel
contributor

Re: A 2nd Barcelona maker

Post by Funkel »

In the eighteenth century there was a family of silversmiths with the surname ALTET, the only one there is a document that refers to him is Juan Altet.

Existió en el siglo XVIII una familia de plateros de apellido ALTET, del unico que hay algún documento que se refiera a él es de Juan Altet.
Image Image

But I have not found any documents that relate to him

Pero no he encontrado ningún documento que se refiera a él

Maybe it's from the same silversmith and will use them as an artifice and the other as an assayer but I can not assure you.

Quizás sea del mismo platero y las utilizara una como artifice y la otra como ensayador pero no puedo asegurarlo.

The mark where a man appears running is not a Spanish brand.
The mark of the swan, implanted in France the 29 of June of 1893, for the works of silver that came from countries with which there was no treaty of commerce. It was also used for objects sold on pious heights or public sales that did not carry marks that proved their French authenticity

La marca donde aparece un hombre corriendo, no es una marca española.
La marca del cisne, implantada en Francia el 29 de Junio de 1893, para las obras de plata que procedían de países con los que no existía tratado de comercio. También se utilizó para los objetos vendidos en montes de piedad o ventas públicas que no llevaban marcas que probaran su autenticidad francesa

Regards

Saludos
agsearcher

Re: A 2nd Barcelona maker

Post by agsearcher »

Thank you Funkel for your responses, they were very interesting and informative. Saludos.

Return to “Other Countries”