Lovely plate

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
blonde_minx

Lovely plate

Post by blonde_minx »

Hi,

Could anyone help with any information regarding these marks on this lovely plate, they are unusual marks and im having a little trouble trying to work out where is was made and what date, any help would be much appreciated
Thanks
Mandy

please excuse the black mark on the plate its a sticker i need to remove.

oel
co-admin

Re: Lovely plate

Post by oel »

Hi Mandy,

Dutch pseudo marks used around turn of the nineteenth century. The pseudo marks; 2 Andreas crosses crowned pseudo town mark Amsterdam, sailing veseel (upside down)pseudo maker's mark, crowned crest/shield pseudo maker's mark, six pointed star pseudo maker's mark of Epke Hoytes 15th century, registered in the city of Bolsward in 1600 and Amsterdam in 1601.
See ;
The import regulations in the UK and US; antique silver could be imported at a lower duty rate compared to modern silver. However the British importers know the silver items are not old and do sell it at such; being curios cabinet items. The silversmiths of Schoonhoven & Friesland, the traditional exporter of mostly small silver items to the UK & US, used pseudo marks purely for tax reasons.
http://www.925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=28590

Best,

Peter

Source K. A. Citroen Valse Zilvermerken in Nederland
blonde_minx

Post by blonde_minx »

Hi thanks for your help, do you mean 1900 or 1800 by the phrase turn of the 19th century

regards
Mandy
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
‚‚turn of the 19th century‚‚ is very late 19th century, beginning of 20th century.
Regards
oel
co-admin

Post by oel »

Hi, yes around 1895-1910. Are you sure there are no other tiny little marks somewhere hidden in the decoration?

Peter.
blonde_minx

Post by blonde_minx »

Thank you for clearing that up for me. :-)
blonde_minx

Post by blonde_minx »

Hi Peter

I will have another closer look and let you know if i do find anything

Mandy

Return to “Other Countries”