Silver Deutsch tray. Maybe Hamburg?

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Denis_S

Silver Deutsch tray. Maybe Hamburg?

Post by Denis_S »

Hello Dear friends

Can somebody help me to identify this tray?

Thank you!

finnegan

Re: Silver Deutsch tray. Maybe Hamburg?

Post by finnegan »

Hi,

Beautiful piece of Spanish silver, Madrid 1790. I am unsure of the maker, a possibility is Francisco Ruiz, but hopefully another member will be able to identify the silversmith with some surety.

Fin
finnegan

Post by finnegan »

Sorry, NOT Francisco Ruiz, here is his mark.

Denis_S

Post by Denis_S »

finnegan wrote:Hi,

Beautiful piece of Spanish silver, Madrid 1790. I am unsure of the maker, a possibility is Francisco Ruiz, but hopefully another member will be able to identify the silversmith with some surety.

Fin

Hello! Thanks a lot for your answer!

Maybe you know, what sample is this silver?
Funkel
contributor

Post by Funkel »

Buenas tardes, efectivamente las dos marcas con el castillo (Corte) y el oso junto un madroño (Villa de Madrid) corresponden al año 1790. Estas marcas son las que verifican la autenticidad de la plata de ley y se marcan por orden del gobierno.
Bien, explicado esto, la otra marca sería la del fabricante, por regla general la marca del fabricante, debería estar en el centro de las anteriores y en caso extremo al lado de estas. En mi opinión la marca ARTVAEZ, o algo parecido, pertenece a un fabricante portugués, no español.
Quizás se fabricara en Portugal y se exportara a España y para poderla vender, tubo que pasar por las marcas oficiales de España: Corte (castillo) y Villa (escudo de la ciudad de Madrid, oso y madroño).
Lástima que no haya encontrado la marca portuguesa.
Un saludo.

Good afternoon, indeed the two brands with the castle (Corte) and the bear together with a madroño (Villa de Madrid) correspond to the year 1790. These marks are the ones that verify the authenticity of the sterling silver and are marked by order of the government.
Well, explained this, the other brand would be the manufacturer, as a rule the manufacturer's brand, should be in the center of the previous and in extreme case next to these. In my opinion, the ARTVAEZ brand, or something similar, belongs to a Portuguese manufacturer, not a Spanish one.
Perhaps it was manufactured in Portugal and exported to Spain and to be able to sell it, it had to go through the official brands of Spain: Corte (castle) and Villa (coat of arms of the city of Madrid, bear and madroño).
Too bad he has not found the Portuguese brand.
a greeting

Return to “Other Countries”