Interesting silver bear italian

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
dani

Interesting silver bear italian

Post by dani »

Hi friends!I got this beautiful bear,his belly is made from solid silver as it is hallmarked.But i don.t know the other material used for covering,the black material.And i don.t have any idea about the weight of silver?!It.s 16 cm height and 792 grams.The hallmarks are modern italian:Valente or Valenti,an R letter and italian mark with 800 purity and i think Milano.There is another hallmark -20g.Do you think it.s for the weight of silver 20 grams?or maybe anything else?

AG2012
contributor

Re: Interesting silver bear italian

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
Valenti & Co. Srl : Via Rodolfo Buschi, 3 – Z.I. Squartabue, 62019 - Recanati (MC) Italy

MC 101 is registration number in Italian province Macerata.
See here:
http://925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... +MC#p66144
Regards
dani

Post by dani »

AG2012 wrote:Hi,
Valenti & Co. Srl : Via Rodolfo Buschi, 3 – Z.I. Squartabue, 62019 - Recanati (MC) Italy

MC 101 is registration number in Italian province Macerata.
See here:
http://925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... +MC#p66144
Regards
Do you have any idea about the silver weight? Is it possible for - 20g Hallmark to say that is only 20 grams of silver? I don't know if the item is entirely silver or there is another material paint with black color.
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

I think the body was made of kind of black resin and the chest is modelled sheet of silver, most likely 20 g.There was a post here in regard of Italian items partially made of silver and marks but cannot recall where and when.
Regards
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Hi,

20 grams would be the maximum amount of silver applied. What you have is a resin base covered with a layer of silver. To identify such pieces and so that they are not to be confused with solid silver items, as they do contain a full set of Italian marks, the Italian government required some extra marks to be struck. These extra marks are a 'R' within a square, this stands for 'Riempito' (filled), and also a set of figures that indicate the amount of silver applied, in grams (1÷2 g, 2÷3 g, 3÷5g, etc.). These are not exact weights, but must fit into range stated by each mark, in this case, between 15? and 20 grams are applied.

Trev.

Return to “Other Countries”