830S enamelled butterfly brooch

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
mamamia11

830S enamelled butterfly brooch

Post by mamamia11 »

I would be grateful for any help in identifying this little pin. The butterfly's wings are enamelled in brilliant blue, with detailed marks beneath the enamel, the body in a paler blue. The metal tests for silver. I am sure the mark is Scandinavian, but cannot find it in any of my reference books. It looks a bit like an eagle? with what I think should read '830S' beneath. Any assistance gratefully received. Kind regards, Judith
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Information is onsite at ->
Norwegian Makers
see Marius Hammer
mamamia11

Post by mamamia11 »

Thank you so much - and I do apologise. I did look at the Norwegian marks page before posting, but somehow managed to miss the mark. I was looking for an eagle! But I'm delighted to learn that this is such a good early piece. Thanks again.
mamamia11

930S

Post by mamamia11 »

Just one more quick question - I have assumed the mark must read 830S, but it looks much more like 930S, and I have come across a reference to this maker actually using 930 grade silver, slightly higher than sterling. Would you know if this is true? Thanks again. Judith
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
I've had pieces by Hammer, and other Norwegians, that were made from 930 standard.

Tom

Return to “Other Countries”