TC-10 Mexico Bracelet

Jewelry, Flatware & Holloware
PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
guito13

TC-10 Mexico Bracelet

Post by guito13 »

Does anyone have any additional information on this piece? It is 80 grams and the acid tests comes back as positive (red). Marked TC-10 mexico.

Traintime
contributor

Re: TC-10 Mexico Bracelet

Post by Traintime »

Checked info on world marks, Mexico, main site? Post 1979 alpha-numeric listings of Mexican makers has only 15 or so identified. T is for Taxco. As I posted elsewhere, MC-163 made Acapulco spoon. If someone pools all these marks, it may lead somewhere. Meanwhile, cervezas anyone? Ole!
guito13

Post by guito13 »

TC-10 appears to be attributed to Miguel Cisneros who was associated with the jewelry company "Far Fetched". I emailed Far Fetched but they denied any association with him or this hallmark.

https://books.google.com/books?id=4n7_j ... er&f=false

Here is the email conversation:
Hi,
I recently came across an Item that I THINK may have come from your company. It is marked TC-10 from Mexico and some quick internet research led me to your company. I was hoping you could verify that it did and if so, any additional information would be greatly appreciated. Images are attached.
Hi Guito,

This jewelry doesn’t look like anything that we have made and it doesn’t have our hallmark on it.

Barbara Stranzl, Customer Service
Far Fetched Imports
1-800-338-0444 ext 100
Fax 707-829-0748
barbara@farfetched.com
www.farfetched.com
Hi Barbra,
Thank you for the prompt reply. Some articles online have the TC-10 Mexico hallmark associated with you. Can you confirm that this is incorrect?
Thank you again!
Hi Robert,
I’m not familiar with the TC-10 hallmark. To my knowledge it is not ours.
Barbara Stranzl, Customer Service
Far Fetched Imports
1-800-338-0444 ext 100
Fax 707-829-0748
barbara@farfetched.com
www.farfetched.com
Traintime
contributor

Post by Traintime »

This should be posted elsewhere as a photo inquiry, but here goes: GONZALES y ROMO is an unidentified maker of a 925/10K Madonna buckle. They might be part of this pool of unidentified makers if they were still in business after 1979. It is not known by me if they were in Taxco. I defer to the experts.
Traintime
contributor

Post by Traintime »

Here's another possible based on a circular Taxco mark with a "3 on eagle?" center. Outer ring reads J V JACOBO TAXCO 925. Sample is letter opener with bamboo shoot handle, all Sterling. Date unknown (pre-1979). Could have become a TC-# firm if still in business.

Return to “Mexican Silversmiths”