Need help what the "CR" means?

Navajo, Zuni & Hopi
PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
johnny_come_lately

Need help what the "CR" means?

Post by johnny_come_lately »

This is a native american piece, but I don't think it is authentic. Can anyone tell me what the "CR" means? Thank You.

tmc

signature on "CR" piece

Post by tmc »

I don't know how "authentic" it is, but the signature is one used on the "southwest sterling" lines that QVC sells. I gather that some of the artists are native American, but others don't seem to be, and I don't know how you'd know which was which. (Carolyn Pollack seems to be one of the most-advertised designers right now.) I don't know what the "CR" mark represents, but the "C" appears to be a crescent moon as well as a letter.

[One thing to keep in mind when researching recently-made sterling and gold jewelry is that QVC often displays photos of their makers' marks on their website in alternate views of the jewelry there. With some patience, you can often identify marks for the makers they currently use.)

A number of these pieces have come through my hands -- most of them are pretty run-of-the-mill if not mass-produced, but I've liked a couple enough to hang onto them, and wear them now and then...

tmc

[sorry for the delay in replying -- I just found this forum.]

Return to “Native American Silver”