Help - Silver & Amethyst Comb

Jewelry, Flatware & Holloware
PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
birdnestcanyon

Help - Silver & Amethyst Comb

Post by birdnestcanyon »

I hope I am doing this correct and someread can read the mark. I can see Mexico Silver Hand Made. Thanks so much for taking the time to
look, San
pairofbaubles

Enrique Ledesma

Post by pairofbaubles »

I am wondering if part of the mark is missing. Enrique Ledesma, mark: Ledesma is sometimes in script. Page 34 of the Little Book of Mexican Silver Trade and Hallmarks.

The L is extended to look like an underline or bottom line of a box. If you have this book, you can find it on page 34 and 35.

Just a guess on my part.
birdnestcanyon

Re: Enrique Ledesma

Post by birdnestcanyon »

pairofbaubles wrote:I am wondering if part of the mark is missing. Enrique Ledesma, mark: Ledesma is sometimes in script. Page 34 of the Little Book of Mexican Silver Trade and Hallmarks.

The L is extended to look like an underline or bottom line of a box. If you have this book, you can find it on page 34 and 35.

Just a guess on my part.
Thanks so much for the reply and you may be correct. I do not have the book, but may have to get it. So many marks are hard to read. Thanks again for taking the time to help me
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi All,
Pretty comb and the mark is ELNA. Like so many Mexican makers, at present, nothing is known about her(?). I've seen five or six pieces with the mark and they were all pretty well made and early in vintage, late 30's and 40's.
Tom
birdnestcanyon

Thanks

Post by birdnestcanyon »

admin wrote:Hi All,
Pretty comb and the mark is ELNA. Like so many Mexican makers, at present, nothing is known about her(?). I've seen five or six pieces with the mark and they were all pretty well made and early in vintage, late 30's and 40's.
Tom
I think you are correct as I can see what you are saying. Thanks so much for the information

Return to “Mexican Silversmiths”