Obscure makers mark

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Lou1955

Obscure makers mark

Post by Lou1955 »

The hallmarks on this piece indicate it was assayed in London, 1794. However, the silversmith's mark is not readable. I have looked at the hallmarks of numerous silversmiths from that era and can eliminate the vast majority of them because what is obvious about this mark is that the first letter has (for lack of a better term) 2 feet and the second letter one foot. It appears to me to be RP, and the only relevant names I could find are Richard Palmer, Robert Peppin and Robert Palmer. Image Image
Lou1955

Re: partial makers mark

Post by Lou1955 »

Lou1955 wrote:The hallmarks on this piece indicate it was assayed in London, 1794. However, the silversmith's mark is not readable. I have looked at the hallmarks of numerous silversmiths from that era and can eliminate the vast majority of them because what is obvious about this mark is that the first letter has (for lack of a better term) 2 feet and the second letter one foot. It appears to me to be RP, and the only relevant names I could find are Richard Palmer, Robert Peppin and Robert Palmer. Any opinions as to a likely maker would be appreciated.Image Image

Return to “London Hallmarks”