LUCASGM

St. Vladimir pendant (M. Perkhin)

Post by LUCASGM »

Admin edit

hello,

could this piece be a genuine one?

thank you

Lucas
Last edited by oel on Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Violation forum rules
Qrt.S
contributor

Re: St. Vladimir pendant (M. Perkhin)

Post by Qrt.S »

No, it cannot. I case you bought it, return it and claim refunding.
Sorry!
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
Images have disappeared, but nevertheless,if Qrt.S said it was NOT genuine - trust him, he knows.
1.According to the Russian Law about the Nobility, people who were awarded with the St. Vladimir Order (each class until 1900) had had the rights of hereditary nobility.
2.M.Perkhin was one of the best Faberge masters.

Meaning,anything he made for Russian nobility in this particular case of St. Vladimir Order does not fly around as ‚‚flea market or thrift shop great find, a bargain by unsuspected dealer who had no idea what he had,obscure auction houses etc‚‚

Regards
Sasropakis
contributor

Post by Sasropakis »

It's not Order of St. Vladimir but just a pendant shaped like an icon with a picture of St. Vladimir (or some other saint). But in any case it definitely doesn't look convincing.
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

Admin deleted the link for known reasons. However, here is a (poor) picture of the marks I tried to enhanced a bit. Make your own conclusions. In addition Mihail Perhin would probably laugh him self to death if he saw this poorly made pendant. Search on a well know auction site for: St. Vladimir Silver Icon, by Michael Pershin and you will smile...>;-> Like Sasropakis already mentioned; it can be any saint whatsoever...
LUCASGM

Post by LUCASGM »

I'm sorry for the link against rules here. Didn't knew it.
Not a single chance to be an MP early work? Not 'a' Order but a devotional silver icon pendant...? Perhaps not Mikhail Perkhin but other МП craftsman?
I didt lost money but those doubts survives yet. Saint itself is not well done, but background and frame are nice work. Sorry again.
Thank you,
Lucas
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

Not a chance... I'm not going to fall into details why it is a fake but the marks undoubtedly look like St Petersburg but are both wrong and insufficient. It's a fake. Take my word for it. As I said if you bought if, claim refunding. This piece of metal is not worth a rotten dime.

Return to “Russian Silver”