Roberts & Belk Spoon identification needed

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Lustrik

Roberts & Belk Spoon identification needed

Post by Lustrik »

Hello! I would greately appreciate any help with identification and getting any information about this spoon:

As far as I could find it's Roberts & Belk trademark on it, but maybe you could tell me more? Like years of manufacturing or material?

(admin edit - see Posting Requirements )
Essexboy Found
contributor

Re: Roberts & Belk Spoon identification needed

Post by Essexboy Found »

Hello Lustrik, the spoon could be by Roberts & Belk but they were pretty good at putting their pictorial trade mark, a very old style oil lamp, on items they made.

See: http://www.925-1000.com/silverplate_R2.html

There are other "R&B" spoon making concerns from the UK as well as from Europe and North America. To make an absolute identification we always hope for something extra to confirm our opinions.
Is there a mark in front of the "R"? The finial appears to be "Father Christmas", North European?
Fishless
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.

Not the English Roberts & Belk, but the American Reed & Barton.

Your spoon was part of a set 'Santa's of the World', that was issued as from the late 1990's.

Trev.
Lustrik

Post by Lustrik »

Thank you all so much!
Reed & Barton seems about right, although all spoons I could find on the web have engraving with the year on the spoon, and mine doesn't. Probably it was some older edition or it wanished (but I doubt it). And the fact that I bought it from some seconhand shop in the US also confirms this version.

Return to “Silverplate Trademarks - Worldwide”