French tastevin

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
mouseinstalled45

French tastevin

Post by mouseinstalled45 »

Can someone please identify the maker and age of this tastevin?

JayT
contributor

Re: French tastevin

Post by JayT »

Hello
You don’t give us enough information to answer your questions: the marks in your first image need cleaning out and should be in focus.
I see a guarantee mark from the provinces, 1819-1838, of the head of Michelangelo facing left in an oval reserve. The numbers on either side of the head are illegible, so I cannot tell you what province. You don’t show a maker’s mark in a lozenge-shaped reserve.
Also, the marks should occur on the body of the tastevin, not just the thumb piece. It appears there has been a repair to the thumb piece.
Your second image shows a personalization.
The third image is an overview of the object.
Without better information, and clearer images, your questions cannot be answered.
Regards.
mouseinstalled45

JayT wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:30 pm Hello
You don’t give us enough information to answer your questions: the marks in your first image need cleaning out and should be in focus.
I see a guarantee mark from the provinces, 1819-1838, of the head of Michelangelo facing left in an oval reserve. The numbers on either side of the head are illegible, so I cannot tell you what province. You don’t show a maker’s mark in a lozenge-shaped reserve.
Also, the marks should occur on the body of the tastevin, not just the thumb piece. It appears there has been a repair to the thumb piece.
Without better information, and clearer images, your questions cannot be answered.
Regards.
Sorry it’s something for sale.

(admin edit - see Posting Requirements )
mouseinstalled45

mouseinstalled45 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:34 pm
JayT wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:30 pm Hello
Regards.
Thank you

Return to “French Silver”