Coasters: Lozenge (vertical) “E” ST.925 - Israel?

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Traintime
contributor

Coasters: Lozenge (vertical) “E” ST.925 - Israel?

Post by Traintime »

Wine bottle holder or high coaster. Sterling grade. Very similar to products in the HaZorphim lines. Base is not plain though…punched with design that may act as drip tray for catching condensation off bottles. Mark has been double stamped. Not known to have been connected directly to the other firm, but perhaps from the same region. Or could the E-in-lozenge be some form of “Export” mark?

Do not have any kosher wine bottles, so a Brown Sugar Bourbon fat-bottle is substituted to demonstrate the diameter, which is wider than a common wine bottle, at 3 3/4 inches here.

Details:

Disclaimer: Not an endorsement of any brand ‘o booze as I have yet to crack the seal and taste it!
Traintime
contributor

Re: Coasters: Lozenge (vertical) “E” ST.925 - Israel?

Post by Traintime »

Excuse my PHat spellings…it’s HaZorfim of course.
Aguest
contributor

Post by Aguest »

::::: Are you sure it's not a number "6" inside a very stylized "Mem" symbol which is stamped on Israel silver to be exported? ::::::

:::::: A blocky, kind of digital-looking number SIX is what I am seeing, but you would know best. ::::::

:::::: I've seen this "ST.925" on items marked Hazorfim, and I've seen the "ST.925" by itself in the same font, and now your hallmark (a "6" symbol with the same "ST.925" in the same font). ::::::

::::: I really want to say that all these items are Hazorfim; how could they all share the same "ST.925" font if they were not all Hazorfim. ::::::

:::::: I understand if people insist on calling something Hazorfim silver ONLY if it is marked "HAZORFIM ST.925" but the pieces all share similar details, as if they are all made by one single silver factory, and they are all using the same font for the "ST.925" stamp, so I really want to go beyond the "MADE IN ISRAEL" designation and call all these items "Hazorfim" silver, but if anyone has information about the silver production in Israel, it would really be helpful to learn more about whatever is going on here. :::::::
Aguest
contributor

Post by Aguest »

::::: I did discover some designs by "HADAD BROTHERS" that are almost identical to my pieces marked "ST.925" so maybe I'm on the right track....:::::

Return to “Middle East”