Please need to help - Björn Weckström or what is this?

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Marie85

Please need to help - Björn Weckström or what is this?

Post by Marie85 »

Hello to everyone,

I need help with this hallmark. It is silver bracelet, very heavy around 60 grams and desings looks like Björn Weckström, but there is no signature "Laponia". There is only "925S" and some decorated letter "V" or "U". Can you help me - which country or maker/designer it can be? Thank you so much, best regards, Marie
dognose
Site Admin

Re: Please need to help - Björn Weckström or what is this?

Post by dognose »

Hi Marie,

Welcome to the Forum.

Your question cannot be answered without the required images.

https://postimages.org (choose 'Share', then copy the 'Hotlink for forums' code) is recommended. Do not use Photobucket or Dropbox.

Ensure your images are embedded. Do not post links. Remember to use the 'Preview' button before submitting your post.

For more information see:

http://www.925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic ... 82#p103282

Give some time to creating your posts and we'll give some time to researching and answering them.

Trev.
Marie85

Post by Marie85 »

Hello,

thank you very much for your advices and pictures of hallmark and bracelet are here. Thanks so much!

Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

This object is not made in Finland (Björn Weckström is a Finn). The Finnish purity punch 925 lacks the S. In addition, the marking is also incomplete for Finland. Norway would be my guess, but ???
Marie85

Post by Marie85 »

Thank you very much for your opinion!

Does anyone know what the letter S after the number 925 means? I read somewhere that it could be S as Scandinavia.

But it would be ideal to decipher the maker based on the decorative letter V or U.
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

The 925 is the silver fineness in promille (925/1000). Never heard that the S would mean Scandinavia??? The S stands for Silver. It is commonly seen on newer Norwegian made objects.

Return to “European Jewelry”