Old Cigarette Case Marks to identify

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
vinsildad

Old Cigarette Case Marks to identify

Post by vinsildad »

This is an old silver cigarette case. There's a date of 1932. VI.7-13 on it along with the words or places Venezia-Dolomiti-Passo Giovo-Salzkammergut-Gesause. There are also three signatures that have been etched into the silver. I'd like to learn the history of this piece but have not been able to learn much so far. I've attached pictures of the marks and would appreciate any assistance you can give.

frenchie_myriam
contributor

Post by frenchie_myriam »

Hello,

I can tell you that the mark shows that it is Hungarian silver for the period 1902-1937. I attach a link to the Hungarian assay office where you can find the hallmark http://www.nemesfemvizsgalo.hu/manevi/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Unfortunately I cannot tell you who the maker is. Nevertheless the signatures on the box are typical of Hungarian handwriting.

Hope this could help

Best Regards
Myriam KISFALUDI ( Kisfaludi means small village in Hungarian !!! )
frenchie_myriam
contributor

Hello,

By reading the message engraved on the box, I am quite certain that it is a souvenir for a trip which was held from the 7th to th 13th of june 1932. All the places mentioned are famous holiday places in Italy and Autria.

Probably the 3 Hungarians were part of this trip and had this box done as a souvenir to another member of their group.

Best Regards.
Myriam
vinsildad

Post by vinsildad »

Many thanks Miriam. I did go to the above link to check out the hallmarking, but I don't read Hungarian and simply got confused. I'll have to try out some translation software. Best regards
frenchie_myriam
contributor

Hello Ernie,

Here is the page with your hallmark. Best Regards. Myriam
frenchie_myriam
contributor

FORGOT TO ATTACH THE IMAGE

Return to “Other Countries”